OF CLAMPED WAGON
1) No empty Oil Tank/BCX/BOX wagon will be permitted to move under any circumstances with a broken spring or broken springs with a clamp and shall be detached at the point of detection or the broken spring will be replaced by a good one.
2) No loaded Oil Tank/BCX &BOX wagons with a broken or clamped broken spring shall be permitted on train from the originating yard nor shall such wagon be permitted through yards specifically nominated for spring changing.
3) Maximum number of broken springs that can be clamped on a loaded Oil Tank/ BOX/BCX wagon will be restricted to one. In case of more than one spring breakage on loaded /Oil Tank/BOX/BCX & Tank wagon the same shall be detached at the point of detection. In case of detection in mid section, the spring shall also be clamped and the train will be permitted to move at cautious speed till the section is cleared.
4) Maximum speed at which a loaded Oil Tank wagons/BOX/BCX wagon with one clamped broken spring is permitted to run is 40 Kmph.
5) After clamping the broken spring of the loaded BOX/BCX/Tank wagons, the Guard of the train will be required to inform the ASM of the station in writing about the clamped broken spring giving details of the individual wagon No./nos. of the wagon/ wagons having clamped broken springs and also the position of such wagons from the locomotive and the brake van.
6) The Guard will obtain the signature of the ASM and the driver on the original copy of the memo and shall retain it in his possession.
7) The ASM on receipt of the said memo shall in turn inform the section controller giving details of the train no. and name, wagon no. with clamped broken spring and the position of these wagon/wagons from the loco and the brake van as given in the memo served to him by Guard. The ASM shall be required to make an entry to this effect in the station diary recording the name of the section controller to whom this information has been given and also the time at which this information was transmitted.
8) If due to any reason, the Guard and Driver were unable to clamp a broken spring in mid section, they will be required to work the train at walking speed up to the next station where the guard will issue a memo to the Station Master to either have the broken spring clamped or if he is unable to clamp then he should have the wagon detached. Under all circumstances, before resuming the journey from that station, the guard and the driver will both check whether the broken spring is clamped or the wagon detached. The Guard will also ensure that necessary advice about the broken spring has been conveyed to the Yard Master of the nominated yard ahead by the Station Master.
9) Yards on various divisions of C.Rly which are nominated for spring changing work are as under:-
Bhusawal Division : MMR, BSL, KNW
Nagpur Division : WR, AJNI, BPQ
Mumbai Division : IGP, LNL
Solapur Division : WD, SUR, DD
Pune Division : GIT